John Struckmann, Owner & General Manager
John is from Front Royal, VA and a graduate of the University of Virginia. He lives in Charlottesville with his wife Sarah and their two young children Sylvia and Sawyer. John enjoys spending time with his family, being outdoors, going for walks, and hiking the Blue Ridge Mountains. He is a UVA sports and Green Bay Packers fan. John’s favorite part about his job is helping our clients create the home of their dreams with thoughtful design details and meticulous craftsmanship. In the Spring of 2015 John was featured in Professional Remodeler magazine as a “40 Under 40” awardee for exhibiting excellence in the industry.
John’s past experience includes:
- Branch Manager- College Works Painting- 2004
- District Manager- College Works Painting- 2005
- General Manager- College Works Painting- 2006
- Project Manager and Remodeling Consultant at IHC- 2006-2015
- Class A Builder’s License Certificate Holder for Integrity- 2009
- Certified Lead Renovator (EPA)- 2010
- Certified Remodeler (NARI)- 2011
His specific skills and tasks are:
- Construction Cost Estimating & Contract Writing
- Project Planning & Construction Management
- Recruiting, Hiring, & Training Employees & Skilled Tradesmen
- Business & Financial Management
- Systems & Work-Flow Process Design
Raymond Keneipp, Project Manager
Rob Giles, Lead Carpenter
Rob was born and raised in Nelson County, VA where he continues to live today with his wife and 2 kids. He has been in the construction field for over 20 years. He is experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of residential construction but specializes in trim and framing carpentry. Rob enjoys fishing and playing basketball with family and friends. He is an Alabama Crimson Tide fan. Rob likes working on the final details that help the project come together. Our clients frequently praise Rob for his meticulous craftsmanship and his professionalism.
Chad Clements, Lead Carpenter
John Terlesky, Business Manager
John graduated with a degree in Business Management from Roanoke College. His favorite component in his role of Business Manager is building new systems to improve efficiency for our team. John and his wife Leslie are both Charlottesville natives and they are doting parents to two girls. They enjoy taking their Labradoodle Sophie on neighborhood walks and going hiking as a family.